Today I got the chance to attend Kingfisher IndiBlogger Bangalore Bloggers meet. In the meet, I not only enjoyed chilled Kingfisher beer (3 mugs 🙂 ) but also got chance to meet many good bloggers, webmasters, social media experts. In the meeting blogging and tweeting ideas were flowing like anything. Around 150 bloggers from Banglore attended the meet. The meet held in Kyra Dining hall near 100ft road, Indiranagar. Initially all the bloggers were given chance to speak about their blog and profession. Some of the introductions were boring and most of the introductions were very inspiring and motivating. In the meet, I saw 3 bloggers who were more than 60 years old but seemed more confident, inspiring, passionate and focused towards blogging.
After the introductions were done we then moved on to regular blogging topics like monetization, blog popularity, reasons behind blogging, role of social media like twitter, how to get more visitors, problems of plaigiarism, copyright issues etc. Some bloggers also raised questions on the logic behind the calculation of indirank. I found the meet more useful for the beginners in blogging.
This was the agenda of the meeting.
|2.||30 seconds of fame||Bloggers|
|3.||Live & let comment||Bloggers|
|4.||Live blogging / tweeting tips||Bloggers|
|5.||Becoming a better blogger||Bloggers|
|6.||Mingling session / Refill beer mugs||Bloggers|
|8.||IndiBlogger Forum: Open discussion||Bloggers|
|9.||Run up to IPL||Bloggers & a little help from youtube|
|10.||Head home and keep blogging!||Bloggers, Auto Drivers, etc.|
Before 30 seconds of fame they showed the video “Hitler wants to go to the Bangalore Blogger meet”
Some snaps from the meet ::
I was also there, this is the proof. Thanks Mohan for taking this snap.
Mr. Saraswathan giving his introduction
The official poster of the meet ::
By the way I would like to thank Renie, Anwin, Karthik, Anup, Diana and the whole IndiBlogger team, Kyra for wonderful snacks and meeting hall and KingFisher for chilled beer.
This is the list of 150 bloggers who registered for the meet ::
Ram Mohandas Rao
Cherian Tinu Abraham
Anand Kumar Sharma
Sapna Gulgulia Sunil
Lancy D Souza
Kushal Raj Jain
Some of my observations from the Bloggers meet ::
- In the meet there were very few professional bloggers, most of the bloggers were blogging on wordpress.com and blogger.com. Blogging was just a hobby for them.
- Some of the bloggers criticized the algorithm behind the calculation of IndiRank.
- Monetization through blogs was the hottest topic of discussion.
- A few bloggers like Mohan (mohanbn.com) showed their concern towards blog plagiarism.
- In the meet, there was an interesting game in which all the bloggers were given big sheets to be hung up in their neck and other bloggers would write comments behind the back of the bloggers. The game was a real fun for us. It gave bloggers a good opportunity to mix up with other bloggers.
- In the meet, I met Raghava Sathish who is visually impaired but a very successful online marketing expert and a very enthusiastic blogger. He said that money was not a source of inspiration for him.
- A gentleman called Mr. Saraswathan enlightened everyone with his witty comments and information. His example “your hand stops where my nose starts ” was just awesome.
- There was nothing much for pro bloggers in the discussion. Most of the bloggers were discussing only basics and fundamentals.
Thanks IndiBlogger for the Bloggers meet.