Terrorism is one of the biggest challenges for India. Many part of India including, Jammu and Kashmir, Central India (Naxalism) and North-eastern States are affected with this problem. Terrorism in India has often been alleged to be sponsored by its neighbor Pakistan. However, Pakistan always claim that most of the acts of terrorism in its land are sponsored by India’s RAW intelligence service. India says that Inter-Services Intelligence of Pakistan is responsible for terrorism in India whereas Pakistan says India’ RAW intelligence service is doing all sort of terrorist activities in Pakistan. Most of the terrorists in India are from Islamic background especially in Jammu and Kashmir. This is basically due to unemployment and poverty in Islamic nations like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc.
In my opinion Islam is against Terrorism. a true Muslim cannot hurt any body forget about innocent children, men and women. A true Muslim should always follow the rule of forgiveness taught by the Quran and Holy Prophet. No one has a right to kill in the name of ALLAH and defame the religion of Peace. If any one found guilty of terrorism whether he is a muslim or non muslim he is liable to get death punishment as per Islam. All those who have killed our innocent non muslim brothers ( in any state of India) in the name of Islam are not Muslims, since their neighbors(whether a person or a house or a state or a Country) are not safe from them.
Let’s see what Quran and Prophet Muhammad says about Terrorism ::
- Any one who kills any innocent human being is as if he has killed the whole of Humanity and anyone who has save a human being irrespective of caste, culture, religion or race, it is as if he has save the whole of Humanity. Al Quraan
- All muslims are brothers in Faith and all Human beings (Whether they belong to any religion or race, black or white) are brothers in Humanity. Al Quraan
- A person is not a Muslim if his neighbors( whether of any race or religion) are not safe from his deeds. Prophet Muhammed
- A True Muslim should respect the religions of his other non muslim brothers and sisters. Prophet Muhammed
- A True Muslim is a guardian and protector of his neighbors property, family, esteem (IZZAT), etc whether they belong to any religion or race, black or white). Prophet Muhammed
Now Let’s see some of the major terrorist attacks on India in last fifteen years.
March 12, 1993 – Bombay bomb blasts, 257 deaths.
February 14, 1998 – Coimbatore blasts, 46 deaths.
October 1, 2001 – Terrorists attack Jammu-Kashmir assembly, 35 deaths.
December 13, 2001 – Attack on Indian parliament in New Delhi, 7 deaths.
September 24, 2002 – Terrorists attack the Akshardham temple in Gujarat, killing 31 innocent people.
March 13, 2003 – A terrorist bomb attack on a commuter train in Mumbai kills 11 people.
May 14, 2003 – Terrorists attack an army camp near Jammu, killing more than 30 people.
August 25, 2003 – Simultaneous car bombs in Mumbai, 52 deaths.
August 15, 2004 – Bomb Blast in Assam, killing 16 people, mostly school children.
July 5, 2005 – Shri Ram Janmabhoomi attack in Ayodhya
October 29, 2005 – Three powerful serial blasts in New Delhi at different places just two days before Hindu festival Deepawali, 70 deaths.
March 7, 2006 – 21 people killed in 3 synchronized terrorist attacks in Varanasi in Shri Sankatmochan Mandir and Varanasi Cantonment Railway Station.
July 11, 2006 – 200 people killed in a series of 7 train bombing during the evening rush hour near Mumbai.
September 8, 2006 – 37 people killed and 125 injured in a series of bomb blasts in the vicinity of a mosque in Malegaon, Maharashtra
May 18, 2007 – 13 people were killed, including 4 killed by the Indian police in the rioting that followed, in the bombing at Mecca Masjid, Hyderabad.
August 25, 2007 – 42 people were killed in two blasts in Hyderabad’s Lumbini park and a restaurant.
May 13, 2008 – 63 were killed in 9 bomb blasts along 6 areas in Jaipur.
July 25, 2008 – 2 were killed and 20 injured in 8 low intensity bomb blasts in Bangalore.
July 26, 2008 – 29 were killed and over 110 injured in 17 serial bomb blasts in Ahmedabad.
To date, around more than 600 people have been killed in terrorist attacks in different parts of India since 2001.
Organizations listed as terrorist groups by India
- Hizbul Mujahideen
- United Jihad Council
- National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah (NSCN-IM)
- Naga National Council-Federal (NNCF)
- National Council of Nagaland-Khaplang
- United Liberation Front of Asom
- People’s Liberation Army
- Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup (KYKL)
- Zomi Revolutionary FrontNorth India
- Babbar Khalsa
- Bhindranwala Tigers Force of Khalistan
- Communist Party of India (Maoist)
- Dashmesh Regiment
- International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF)
- Kamagata Maru Dal of Khalistan
- Khalistan Armed Force
- Khalistan Liberation Force
- Khalistan Commando Force
- Khalistan Liberation Army
- Khalistan Liberation Front
- Khalistan Liberation Organisation
- Khalistan National Army
- Khalistan Guerilla Force
- Khalistan Security Force
- Khalistan Zindabad Force
- Shaheed Khalsa ForceCentral India
- People’s war group
- Balbir militias
- Ranvir Sena (Bihar and Jharkhand)