WordPress Plugins are PhP programming scripts that add additional functionality to the blog. These are often features which either enhance already available features or add them to your site. WordPress offers simple and easy ways of adding Plugins to your blog. From the Administraton Panel, there is a Plugin Page. Once you have uploaded a Plugin to your WordPress plugin directory, activate it from the Plugins Management SubPanel. I have also used some plugins in this blog abhisays.com.
Some of the plugins that I used for this blog :-
- Add Meta Tags –> This plugin adds the Description and Keywords XHTML META tags to your blog’s front page and to each one of the posts, static pages and category archives. This operation is automatic, but the generated META tags can be fully customized.
- Akismet –> Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not.
- Get Recent Comments –> It display the most recent comments or trackbacks with your own formatting in the sidebar.
- Popularity Contest –> This enables ranking of your posts by popularity; using the behavior of your visitors to determine each post’s popularity. You set a value (or use the default value) for every post view, comment, etc. and the popularity of your posts is calculated based on those values.
- PXS Mail Form –> It creates a mail form with multi part verification, various messages and an auto redirect on successful send.
- Related Posts –> It shows a list of the related entries based on active/passive keyword matches.
- Share This –> It provides your visitors a facility to share a post/page with others. Supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites.