His full name is Barack Hussein Obama II. He was born on August 4, 1961. Currently he is 44th President of the United States of Amercia. He is the first African American to hold the office of president. Before becoming president, he served as the junior United States Senator from Illinois. He is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. These facts, I think most of people know about Barack Obama, but today I am going to tell 10 interesting things that very few people know about him.
- He is bi-racial. His name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili language. He was born to a Kenyan father and a white American mother. His father was a senior economist for the Kenyan government.
- He is left-handed. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but went to live in Indonesia with his grandmother when the parents divorced. There he was introduced to dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper.
- Every night when he is at home he reads the Harry Potter books to his oldest daughter Malia.
- According to his wife Michelle he is very romantic, he remembers every anniversary and brings her flowers all the time. He took his wife to see the Spike Lee film Do The Right Thing on their first date
- He experimented with drugs. Back in his early years he tried marijuana and cocaine.
- He smokes but wants to quit. He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president but he didn’t keep his promise.
- He won a Grammy Award in 2006 for Best Spoken Word Recording. It was for the audio version of his book Dreams From My Father.
- He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali
- Throughout his life, he studied with the help of student’s loan. However, he repaid his student loan only four years ago after signing his first book deal.
- His favourites —
favourite book — Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
favourite films — Casablanca and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Laptop he uses — Apple Mac laptop
Suit which he wears — $1,500 Hart Schaffner Marx suits
favourite artist — Pablo Picasso
favourite music — Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees