These day, after completing my graduation from MANIT Bhopal, I am in Muzaffarpur, my home town. Internet Connection in this small town is a big thing. Thanks to AirTel GPRS and my Motorola cellphone, now I have internet connection. Internet connection using AirTel GPRS is almost free, just you have to pay 250 per month in the form of talktime. There is unlimited internet access and unlimited download in this plan. So you don’t have to worry about your time limits while accessing the internet. The installation is very simple, just you have to follow 4-5 steps.
I am giving the process of installation of internet using AirTel GPRS.
Requirements :: A pc or labtop, a cell-phone with GPRS facility, a data cable to connect the cell-phone to labtop or pc if your cell-phone has bluetooth or infra-red facility then you don’t need datacable.
- First of all you have to call customer care (121) to activate your GPRS. It may take 2 or 3 days.
- After your connection is activated they send you some settings as per as your mobile phone, you have to enable those settings.
- Now install the driver of the data cable and connect your cell-phone to the pc or labtop.
- Just in the driver software you will get the internet settings options, enable those options and double click to start. you will have Connecting Device : Your mobile’s modem ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)Phone Number : *99***2# Username and Password : blank
- Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (However it never happens).
Now you can access internet connection in your pc or laptop for a minimal amount. However the biggest problem with this connection is its slow speed. But this generally happens with any wireless connection. Also, the connectivity depends upon the AirTel Signal in your area.
New Updates On AirTel GPRS ::
Mobile Office settings:
To get mobile office settings, sms MO to 543210. You will receive a installation message from Airtel to install Airtel GPRS settings. Airtel offers following GPRS plans via mobile office:
– 3 Days pack for Rs.10
– 7 Days pack for Rs.25
– Airtel Zero Rental Pack
– Monthly Unlimited Pack at Rs.98
– Daily Pack at Rs.3
– 15 Days Pack at Rs.46
Just dial *567# and you will find all options.
Airtel Live settings:
To get Airtel Live settings, sms Live to 56465 or sms FUN to 54321. Airtel will send Airtel Live settings. Install them on your mobile.