It’s all over for Shashi Tharoor. At last, the minister of state for external affairs has resigned from his post. Mr. Tharoor submitted his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Prime Minister has forwarded his resignation letter to President Pratibha Patil. According to senior Congress leaders, Tharoor had become an embarrassment for the party and the Indian Government as he was unable to provide suitable explanation of his alleged role in the latest Kochi Indian Premier League controversy. His stint of less than a year as a Union Minister was dogged by a spate of controversies like stay in five star hotels, cattle class remark and the recent IPL controversy.
Last Updated: April 18, 2010 116 views
Shashi Tharoor resigns as External Affairs Minister of State
- Only for Engineers
- 150 Print Ads from old Indian magazines
- Revisiting 20 Old Doordarshan News Readers and Anchors
- How to transfer money to India from USA?
- 5 major differences between Bollywood and Hollywood
- How these 50 famous websites looked in the past?
- 20 Doordarshan Television Characters that we will never forget
- The Complete Collection of Amitabh Bachchan Movie Posters
- 5 satirical cartoons on UPA Government
- 100 Old Filmfare Magazine Covers!
- A Muslim beauty pageant to challenge Miss World
- 10 Reasons why Narendra Modi should become PM of India
- India is not a secular country!
- Top Ten Teachers Day Hindi Songs
- How internet has changed in last 10 years?