We all love YouTube. It is the best video website of the world. Here we can upload, view and share video clips. Its bandwidth costs are estimated at approximately $1 million a day. It has millions of videos. In the month of January, this year nearly 79 million users watched over 3 billion videos on YouTube. Have you ever thought which are the most viewed videos on YouTube ? Have you seen those videos ? No. Then don’t worry today I am sharing the list of top 10 most viewed videos on YouTube (as on 3rd May 2008).
- Evolution of Dance is the Most Viewed (All Time) Video, Most Favorited (All Time) Video on YouTube. This Evolution of Dance video is done by comedian Judson Laipply as he dances in various styles to clips of music from the 60’s to the 2000’s. In the video, Laipply dances to a soundtrack that plays through various popular songs ranging from Elvis Presley to MC Hammer and Michael Jackson. During its initial rise in popularity, it amassed over 10 million views in under two weeks and was featured on CNN, MSN, E!, USA Today, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and AOL. Now he is working on part 2 of Evolution of dance. You can visit its website for complete list of songs.
- “Girlfriend” is one of the Avril Lavigne’s biggest hits in the United States, where it reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 songs whereas in UK it reached number two. Its music video is the most viewed music video on YouTube and is the 2nd most viewed video on the website after Evolution of dance, with over 82 million views as on 3rd May 2008.
- “What’s the Altitude” is a track off the The Audience’s Listening album by Cut Chemist. Its music video is currently the third most viewed video of all time on YouTube with over 72 million hits. Cut Chemist is the performing name of Lucas MacFadden, a solo turntablist. He is a former member of the funk Latin band Ozomatli, and of hip hop group Jurassic 5. You can read the complete lyrics of the song from here.
- What you want to hear is a short film starring Fatima Baeza. This video is in Spanish with more than 7 millions views. It is a love story about the relationship between fiction and reality. It is also the most popular spanish video on YouTube. In this video, Sofia comes home after a long day at work and chat with a friend and start preparing a dinner for her boyfriend. But something amazing happens as a result she is forced to choose between fact, fiction or something that is midway between the two.
- Disculpa los malos pensamientos (Forgive the bad thoughts) is a famous rock song by the Mexican band Panda. It was released in March 2006 as the third single from the band’s third album, “Para ti con desprecio”. The song how much anger and bad thoughts can be caused by a girl’s actions. Jose Madero arrives to his girlfriend’s house. She is pulled and moved by him throughout the video because she is apparently dead. Once inside the house, they have a dinner during which he proposes to her with her parents, who don’t seem to notice she is dead. On the YouTube video the story is shown with the help of cartoon characters. Since the video was in Spanish so I am not sure whether it was telling the same story or not.
- “Don’t Stop the Music” is a song by Barbadian pop singer Rihanna from her third studio album, “Good Girl Gone Bad”. It was the third single from the album in most of the Europe, the second single in Germany and Spain and the fourth single in the rest of the world. It achieved big success in several European countries.On December 6, 2007, “Don’t Stop the Music” received a Grammy nomination in the category of “Best Dance Recording” at the 50th Grammy Awards.
- My chemical Romance is by an American rock quintet. This video is not available in India. When I tried to watch this video, I got the message on YouTube that “This video is not available in your country. “
- “Apologize” is a song released by OneRepublic from their debut album Dreaming Out Loud. The song is the biggest radio airplay hit in the history of Top 40 radio in North America, racking up an astounding 10,693 spins in one week, breaking the previous record by 370 spins. The song has charted strongly around the world, reaching number one in 16 countries.
- “No One” is an R&B-soul song written and produced by American singer-songwriter Alicia Keys. It is Keys’ most successful song. It topped the United World Chart for two weeks and becoming the twentieth best-selling single of 2007. In this video, Keys is lying on a chair in an empty room and there is a musical instrument-decorated room in which Keys sings accompanied by a keyboard. Now Keys is shown alone, playing the piano on a rainy street, and she later finds herself surrounded with dozens of people. Then we see Keys is in a blue-lit nightclub. This video ends with a gear divided into four fractions, each showing previous scenes, and lying on the same chair in the same room.
- “Bleeding Love” is a pop-R&B ballad written by Jesse McCartney and Ryan Tedder and produced by Tedder for Leona Lewis’ debut album, Spirit, where it is the opening track. You can find the complete lyrices of Bleeding love on LyricsMode.
See the latest and updated list of Top 100 Most Viewed YouTube Videos.